Course: starts near prospect park, ends in coney island
Weather: 59 degrees F, humid but cloudy with wind
- 2017 marks my 6th time running this race, but it doesn’t get old– one of my favorite races in New York
- It was the first time that the subway conductors told people which stop to get off of based on wave number
- No cheerleaders in Grand Army Plaza this year, but Meb or someone that looked like Meb was smiling radiantly and clapping so it was fine
- Pictures were free again this year– bonus!
- It rained while I was on the train but not a drop fell while we ran– it was cloudy and there was a nice breeze to cool you off– perfect running weather for someone like me, who hates being hot more than anything