Where: 15 West 56th Street, NYC (between 5th and 6th Avenue)
- Persimmon Kimchi – yogurt, mushrooms, treviso. My favorite– it was sweet and juicy, not much trace of the kimchi though
- Smoked Baby Beets – raisins, creme fraiche, amaranth. Different tastes spread throughout the dish. Each bite was different, not sure if that was deliberate. Not too crazy about the sour raisins though
- Fried Oyster Bun – old bay, fennel, remoulade. Sooo good. The breading on the oysters were a bit thick, but seasoned well
- Pork Bun– it was a special for the day. A heart-attack in mini-sandwich form but melted in your mouth
- Grilled Bavette Steak – cannellini, black garlic, cabbage. The steak was tough, even though it was medium-rare. The black cabbage was a little creepy but tasted good
- Habanero Fried Chicken – lime. Bullshit– one of the chicken pieces was rubber– frozen maybe?
- Buttermilk Panna Cotta – cranberry, vanilla, lemon. Really good balance of sweet and sour. It wasn’t overly heavy and tasted refreshing after a heavy meal