- Where: Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave, New York, NY 10011
- East Asian food fusing with one another — the love child of Korean cuisine and ramen (whose origins are somewhat hybrid anyway)
- Got the Kochi sticks — breaded, deep fried mochi slathered with red sauce. My friend thought we were eating mozzarella sticks and was about to complain that we had gotten the wrong order!
- I must have gotten the weirdest thing on the menu because I was asked three different times to confirm — the veggie bibimbap. Choice between rice and noodles and chose noodles. Got a choice of protein and went with pork. Everything came in abundance and was worth the many asks
- The counters allow you to see all of the action, but sometimes it’s better not to see. I saw one of the cooks making the ramen sauce — three mounding scoops of salt from his very large hand into a little sauce pan with the chicken base (which probably already has salt in it). No wonder ramen is so good, but I get heart palpitations just thinking about it